Carilion Clinic: Offering Coordinated Healthcare
Carilion Clinic is a not-for-profit healthcare organization based in Roanoke, Va. Through our comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services, we work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly 1 million Virginians. With an enduring commitment to the health of our region, we also seek to advance care through medical education and research, help our community stay healthy, and inspire our region to grow stronger.
Improve the health of the communities we serve.
Provide better patient care, better community health and at a lower cost.
- CommUNITY – Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones
- Courage – Doing what’s right for our patients without question
- Commitment – Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service
- Compassion – Putting heart into everything we do
- Curiosity – Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic serves the residents of 18 counties and six cities in western Virginia and southern West Virginia.
- Primary Service Area (PSA): 685,045
- Secondary Service Area: 186,662
Quick Facts (fiscal year 2012)
- Employed physicians: 600 representing more than 60 specialties
- Practice sites: 195
- Primary care visits: 850,000
- Employees: 11,300
- Licensed beds: 1,187 (does not include 60 Neonatal ICU beds available)
- Admissions: 50,304
- Emergency Department visits: 187,176
- Total revenues: $1.4 billion (net)
Community Benefit (fiscal year 2011)
- Uncompensated Care: $106.7 million
- Education: $20.4 million
- Research: $ .7 million
- Community Outreach: $3.3 million
- Total: $131.1 million