This page has information about price estimates as well as information about standard hospital charges for items and services.
It's important to remember:
- The accuracy of the estimate depends on the accuracy of the information you enter.
- Determining cost of health services is complex and ever changing. We are continuously assessing and optimizing our processes to help improve the affordability of care.
- Costs for some procedures may vary across the system based on a variety of factors, such as how complex or specialized the procedures and caregivers are.
- The costs outlined in this tool are limited to hospital procedures only and cover the hospital event, which includes any services that would be needed as part of a single hospital procedure or stay. For some complex or compound services, there may be additional costs for related physician fees (such as anesthesiologists to administer anesthesia or radiologists to read scans prior to surgery) or other services which are tailored based on the individual needs of each patient. Similarly, supplemental services like physical therapy or prescription drugs following a hospital procedure will not be reflected in the estimate.
- The patient cost estimate includes ranges for services based on contracted rates. While we are able to estimate the out-of-pocket costs patients will owe, the tool is not intended to serve as a quote or guarantee, and actual charges may vary greatly from the estimate you receive.
For more complete and accurate information about what you can expect to pay, or what portion of the cost your health insurance company will cover based on your specific plan and deductible requirements, you should contact your health insurance company directly. You can also contact a Carilion Clinic pricing analyst by phone at 866-720-3742 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uninsured patients may qualify for discounts arranged with our financial counselors and medical office associates with payment at the time of service.