Carilion Clinic is a not–for–profit health care organization based in Roanoke, Va. Through our comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices and other complementary services, we work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly 1 million Virginians. With an enduring commitment to the health of our region, we also seek to advance care through medical education and research, help our community stay healthy and inspire our region to grow stronger.
Improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are committed to a common purpose of better patient care, better community health and lower cost.
Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Putting heart into everything we do.
Doing what's right for our patients without question.
Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Diversity and Inclusion at Carilion Clinic
Diversity and inclusion are core to Carilion Clinic’s mission to improve the health of the communities we serve. Through our commitment to understanding and respecting each individual’s unique personal and cultural characteristics, we provide better patient care and a workplace that encourages innovation, new ideas, and personal and professional growth. Creating an environment in which everyone feels welcomed, respected, supported, and valued is key to our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and furthers our commitment to provide equitable care to every patient. Our values of CommUNITY and Compassion speak loudly about who we are as an organization and guide us in all we do.
Research shows that our environment and social and economic circumstances are as important to health as what happens inside our facilities. We’re investing in our community’s health by :
- Improving access to state-of-the-art health care
- Developing health professionals
- Investing in research and innovations
- Reducing barriers, coordinating resources at the community level
- Providing community-based health and wellness programs
- Partnering with community organizations to overcome health and social needs
- Creating a culture of environmental stewardship and sustainability for our region
We contributed nearly $194.5 million* in 2018. In total, we returned $2.86 for every dollar of tax exemption.
- $75.1 million in Charity Care
- $74.7 million in Other Uncompensated Care
- $38.1 million in Education
- $5.9 million in Community Outreach
- $700,000 in Research
*Per Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association guidelines