For some people, high blood pressure persists, despite taking appropriate medications and making positive lifestyle changes.
Christopher K. John, M.D. | Carilion Clinic - Virginia
Did you know chocolate milk is great for post-race recovery? According to Dr. Christopher John, with Carilion Clinic Sports Medicine, for a high-endurance athlete, chocolate milk offers double the carbohydrate & protein content compared to plain milk, water, or most sports drinks. Its high water content replaces fluids lost as sweat, preventing dehydration. Plus it provides a boost of calcium which can help recovering athletes retain water and regain energy. #NationalChocolateMilkDay
Perspectives on children's healthcare in southwest Virginia.
This conference focuses on caring for patients with chronic pain. Topics covered during the conference include the current state of pain management, treatment options for Complex Regional Pain...
- 07/30/2014 | Blood Pressure & Blood Sugar Screening | Bedford
- 07/31/2014 | Car Seat Safety Check | NRV
- 08/01/2014 | Blood Pressure Screening | NRV
- 08/02/2014 | Infant CPR/Safety | Roanoke
- 08/04/2014 | Chronic Disease Management series | Franklin
- 08/04/2014 | Look Good, Feel Better | Bedford
- 07/29/2014 | Prepared Childbirth Class - Series 10 | NRV
- 08/05/2014 | Med Talk Radio | Franklin
- 08/05/2014 | Lunch and Learn: Treatment for Parkinson's Disease and Essential Tremors | Roanoke
- 08/05/2014 | Breastfeeding 101 | Roanoke
Bedtime TV can make you sleepy, but does it support healthy sleep?
Lexington resident Kay Lewis thought it might be heat stroke. She passed out while looking up the symptoms on the internet, and ended up on a life-saving flight
Here are 9 healthy snack recipes you and your kids will love!