One of the largest Sports Medicine practices in Virginia; we offer advanced treatments with successful outcomes.
The Institute for Orthopaedics and Neurosciences (ION) is an innovative convergence of leading medical practitioners who provide expert care to patients. ION serves as a model for medical students, research fellows and residents—the next generation of providers. ION provides a shared vision of collaboration and a team-based approach to healing.
At Carilion Clinic Orthopaedics, we are actively involved in finding innovative ways to improve the care we give to our patients. Here is a list of select research studies currently taking place in Sports Medicine.
- Biomechanical Comparison of Double and Single Row Rotator Cuff Repair Techniques of Varying Lines of Tension
- Opioid Consumption in Patients Undergoing Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair using Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block with and without Liposomal Bupivacaine: A Randomized Control Trial
- Validation of an Interventional Based Pain Scale and Comparison with the Visual Analog Scale (VAS) in a Postoperative Setting in Correlation with Patients’ Pain Management Needs
- Prospective Evaluation of Exparel Adductor Canal Field Block for Pain control after Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Reduction of Risk Factors for ACL Re-injuries Using a Novel Biofeedback Approach
- Measuring Landing Mechanics During Rehabilitation
- The Effects of Ankle Braces on Foot Posture
- Gait Biofeedback for Cerebral Palsy Study
- Side-to-Side Asymmetry Changes During Running
- The Effects of Brace Wear on Sports Performance
- Gait Assessment Following Total Ankle Replacement
- A Prospective Clinical Trial Comparing General Anesthesia with Interscalene Nerve Block vs. TIVA-P Sedation with Interscalene Nerve Block in Outpatient Shoulder Arthroscopies
- Gender Differences in the Performance Response to Brace Wear Following ACL Reconstruction