Community Help Needed: Here’s How to Spread Holiday Cheer to Hospitalized Children and Teens
Items can be dropped off in the lobby of Carilion Children’s Tanglewood Center weekdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and weekends from 8 a.m. to noon.
This holiday season, Carilion’s Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Inpatient Unit and Carilion Children’s Hospital are joining forces to host a toy and clothing drive for hospitalized children and teens.
Carilion’s Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Inpatient Unit treats children ages 9 to 17, and their most needed items are listed below. Carilion Children’s Hospital treats children 0 to 18 years of age, but the greatest need is gifts for infants and teenagers.
To drop off your gift:
- Visit Carilion Children’s Tanglewood Center (4348 Electric Road, Roanoke, VA). A donation box will be available in the lobby at Entrance 1 during weekdays from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and weekends from 8 a.m. to noon.
- If you want your gifts to go to a specific patient population (Children’s Hospital or Psychiatry), please note that with your donation.
- Gifts are accepted throughout the year, but in order to ensure they are delivered for Christmas, donations must be delivered by Dec. 21.
- Masks are required to enter the facility.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Holiday Wishlist (Ages 9-17)
- Clothing – socks, underclothes, sports bras; casual clothing - most wear adult-sized looser fit
- Board games
- Card games
- Coloring books and adult coloring books
- Coloring supplies (prefer markers and crayons; no colored pencils)
- Movies/DVDs (nothing more mature than PG13)
- Stress balls and fidget toys
- Stuffed animals
- Video game consoles/video games
Carilion Children’s Hospital Wishlist (Ages 0-18)
- Toys for children ages 0 to 18 years are accepted, but the greatest need is gifts for infants and teenagers.
- You can find their full Amazon wishlist for ideas online here and order through Amazon or drop off at Tanglewood.
Items not accepted include:
- Used items
- Latex balloons or latex toys
- Candles, sharp instruments or harmful objects
- Any items with religious sayings, symbols, etc.
- Mature-rated games/movies