Are You a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery?
You've done your research. Now it's time to do your homework.
Carilion Clinic's accredited bariatric surgery program begins with a series of six educational videos. If you are ready to change your life, take these three steps:
Watch each video (about 15 minutes total).
Use the form below to request a consultation.
Be sure to check "Yes, I have watched the videos."
Overcoming obesity is possible. Take your first steps today.
Thank you for watching Carilion Clinic’s educational videos about our bariatric surgery program and congratulations on taking the first step on your journey for improving your health. You can expect a call from our bariatric clinic within the next few days to answer any questions you may have.
We wanted to give you a quick overview of what to expect as you move through the process. Before we can schedule you for an appointment, please complete steps 2 and 3.
- Contact your insurance provider to make sure you have bariatric surgery coverage on your policy.
- Reach out to your primary care physician and ask that they make a referral to Carilion Clinic Bariatrics. This can be faxed to 540-983-8212.
- Once your referral is received, our office will contact you to set up a consultation.
- Our bariatric team will develop an individualized program care plan for you and verify your insurance requirements.
- Upon completion of all program and insurance requirements, our office will submit your medical records to your insurance for surgery authorization.
- Once we receive authorization, we can schedule your surgery date.
- You will attend a class to prepare you for your surgical procedure and what to expect when you return home.
- Surgery day.
Once again, we congratulate you on taking the first step to better health. We look forward to caring for you.
Carilion Clinic Bariatric Team