Every year, unintentional injury leads to more death and disability for kids in the United States than any other cause. Safe Kids Worldwide was founded to prevent these injuries and provide a safe place to grow and play through public outreach and hands-on education.
Special announcement about car seat checks
To see you safely during COVID-19, we'll be doing safety checks by appointment and at limited in-person events. See the regular schedule below and contact the national car seat safety technician in your area to schedule your free safety check.
- The first Tuesday of each month from 4-6 p.m. (by appointment only)
- The second Wednesday of each month from 1-3 p.m. (by appointment only)
- The third Thursday of the month from 4-6 p.m. (at Roanoke City Fire Station #6 - no appointment needed)
- The last Friday of the month from 10 a.m.-noon (by appointment only)
- The last Thursday of each month from 4-6 p.m. (at the Christiansburg Fire Department - no appointment needed)
- The second Monday of each month from 4-6 pm. (by appointment only)
You can also find us on Facebook.
In our region, Safe Kids Southwest Virginia, a local coalition led by Carilion Children’s, implements programs that educate parents, caregivers and children on injury prevention.
We offer several programs that focus on:
- Child passenger safety
- Car seat safety checkups
- Sports clinics
- Bicycle safety
- Wheeled sports safety
- Fire safety
- Poison prevention
- Falls safety
- Choking, suffocation and strangulation safety
- Holiday safety
- Free gun locks (see locations at bottom of page)
Keeping Kids Safe
Do these five key things to keep children safe around medication.
Free Gun Locks Locations
Carilion Children’s Pediatric Medicine
- 60 Market Center Way, Daleville
- 1030 S. Jefferson St., Roanoke
- 4040 Postal Drive, Roanoke
- 490 S. Main St., Suite A, Rocky Mount
Carilion Children’s Pediatric Behavioral Health
- 2017 S. Jefferson St., Roanoke
Carilion Clinic Adolescent Medicine
- 902 S. Jefferson St., Roanoke
Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital Lobby
- 1906 Belleview Ave.
Roanoke Carilion Clinic Family Medicine
- 2145 Mount Pleasant Boulevard, Roanoke
- 1314 Peters Creek Road, Roanoke
- 6415 Peters Creek Road, Roanoke
To learn more about the programs we offer, or to request that a member of our coalition participate in an event sponsored by your organization or group, please contact Carilion Clinic at 540-266-6000 or 800-422-8482.