CONNECT is a confidential, 24-hour emergency evaluation and referral service provided by Carilion Clinic to members of our community. CONNECT is staffed by psychiatric nurses and clinical social workers trained to help people access psychiatric and behavioral medicine support. For support, call 540-981-8181 or toll-free 800-284-8898.
Carilion offers a variety of mental health resources for the community.
Callers to our CONNECT line speak directly with a professional trained to determine what resources are needed to best address their needs. If indicated, the CONNECT professional may suggest an in-person meeting to discuss possible treatment options. Common symptoms include emotional problems like depression, anxiety or rage. Behavioral issues, such as substance abuse, may be part of the picture as well.
The CONNECT Process
- CONNECT services begin with a phone call to 540-981-8181 or toll-free (no long-distance charges) to 800-284-8898.
- The on-duty CONNECT professional speaks privately to each caller with the goal of learning more about their difficulties. This initial call does not provide treatment or therapy of any kind. It is simply a way to determine the best treatment options.
- When necessary, CONNECT will contact a psychiatrist to admit the patient to the hospital.
- Other services may incur charges.
CONNECT accepts referrals for psychiatric hospitalizations.
Resources for Roanoke City Residents
Mental Health Navigation Line (540-985-6999)
- Free and confidential phone line connecting Roanoke city residents to mental health, substance use treatment and other community resources
- Available Monday-Friday from 1 to 7 p.m.