If you are scheduled for a residency interview or have already been interviewed and would like to shadow our staff, please contact the residency program to schedule the visit. To shadow under other circumstances, submit the applicable application below prior to the deadline in the cover letter. Other forms listed in the application are also at the bottom of this page. Arrangements may never be made independently from Carilion Visiting Student Affairs.
- Unfortunately we are no longer able to accommodate externs (medical school graduates) for shadow visits.
- Shadow Application for UVa and VCOM Third- and Fourth-Year Med Students
- Shadow Application for All Other Med Students
- Access & Confidentiality Agreement
- Observer Participation Agreement
- Observer Guidelines
- Carilion Immunization Record
Applicants must also read the Code of Excellence Student Letter(.doc) and Code of Excellence Manual (.pdf) and include the signed Acknowledgement Form found on page 29 of the manual with their application.
Under no circumstances may you shadow without first having received a confirmation email from Carilion’s Visiting Student Affairs Office.