Clinical Rotations for Medical Students

Clinical Rotations for Medical Students

Arrangements may never be made independently from Carilion Visiting Student Affairs.

Applications for the 2017/2018 academic year will start to be accepted on April 1, 2017.

Prerequisites for Applying for Either Type of Clinical Rotation

  • You must be a native-born U.S. citizen, naturalized U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have entered the United States on a B1 or F1 visa.
  • An approved affiliation agreement must be on file with Carilion. If your school is not listed here, and is a US medical school, e-mail us your school's clinical office contact information (confirm with your school before emailing). We will notify you when the affiliation is finalized so you may apply.
  • You must have taken and passed the USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 exam.
  • You must be fluent in written and spoken English.

Rotations in a Private Practice

Electives/Selectives with Residency Faculty