Learning Through Patient Interaction
Students who require clinical training or practicums as part of their curriculum may apply for placement at Carilion facilities. Previous placements have included nursing, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, medical assisting and physician assistant. Placement in specific department or profession is subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a current program of clinical study.
- Completed applications must be received by the deadline provided for each semester.
- Students should not contact Carilion Clinic staff and/or providers seeking clinical placements. All requests must be sent directly to Visiting Student Affairs to be considered for a rotation.
- An existing Affiliation Agreement must be in place prior to beginning a rotation.
- Students must complete an online student orientation and any required training prior to the start of the rotation.
Those seeking clinical placement at Carilion Clinic should complete a Clinical Rotation Application (pdf)
- Fall Semester: May 1 - June 15
- Spring Semester: October 1 - November 15
- Summer Semester: February 1 - March 15
Applications can be mailed or faxed to Visiting Student Affairs, PO Box 13367, Roanoke, VA 24033, Fax 540-983-1189.