We are committed to making sure that every woman has prompt and easy access to the medical resources she needs to screen for, diagnose, and treat breast cancer— which includes getting routine mammograms.
A mammogram uses low energy x-rays to generate images of your breast tissue. Carilion's skilled health care professionals will examine these images to screen for breast cancer or evaluate symptoms such as lumps or thickening. A typical mammogram takes about 20 minutes.
At Carilion Clinic, we offer the following:
- A full range of breast imaging services, from routine screening to diagnostic imaging to work-ups of breast abnormalities.
- Digital mammography, in addition to standard analog X-ray images.
- Experienced technologists, all registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), who have collectively provided nearly a quarter million mammograms over the past ten years.
- On-site reading of all mammograms by board-certified radiologists solely dedicated to reading breast images.
- Prompt, personal and sensitive communication about test results.