Carilion Clinic and Carilion Nurses are committed to finding better ways to care for those we serve through our commitment to clinical excellence supported by research and evidence-based practice.
Evidence-based practice (EBP) requires that nursing practice be based on the best available knowledge. Evidence-based practice integrates the nurse's clinical expertise with the best external evidence, research and best practice, and takes into account patient preferences in order to deliver quality nursing care. The conduct of research allows us to ask and seek answers for those burning clinical questions that are still unsolved. These practices assure that the best, most current nursing care is given to patients and families.
Our nurses are doing some great work in the areas of evidence-based practice and research. They are sharing this work across the country at national conferences and in national publications.
- NICU VAP
- Under Pressure Abdominal Syndrome
- Improving Care for the Suicidal Patient
Past Projects & Presentations:
- A System-Wide Model For Improving St.-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (Stemi) Care
- Making Patient Satisfaction Real - Moving From Good to Great
- Nursing Leadership Model for a Multi-Hospital Integrated Clinic
- Shift Length: Impact on Patient Safety and Nurse Satisfaction
- Transformation to Acuity-Adaptable Patient Care: Using Evidence to Improve Patient Outcomes
- Promoting Nurse Driven Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Improving UAP Productivity Through Mentorship Activities
- Improving Perianesthesia Nursing Care Through Work-Life Balance