Immigration physicals are conducted by Dr. Hartley, a Designated Civil Surgeon. All components of the examination are performed at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital  location.
How to get started:
- Obtain the form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record . Complete Part 1. DO NOT SIGN OR DATE FORM.
- Call Carilion Clinic Occupational Medicine to make an appointment for your examination at 540-985-8521.
What to bring to your appointment:
- A valid, government issued picture ID (driver's license or passport).
- All medications in their bottles.
- A copy of any prior immunization/vaccinations/shot records.
- All hospital or clinic records, in English, including proof of any treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious disease.
- Prior chest x-rays and/or other diagnostic tests.
- Any mental health records.
- Immigration Physical Form I-693, Part 1, completed with your information.
What to expect:
On your first visit, our staff will determine your TB skin test or lab test requirement, complete required blood work and review your immunization record to determine if any immunizations are required.
During your second visit, we will review your test results, provide required immunizations, perform your medical examination, and complete your paperwork.
Please include a translator at your visits, if required. If medical records are not in English please have them translated before your appointment, to avoid processing delays.
All expenses must be paid at the time of each visit. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, cash, and money orders.
A copy of completed forms, your blood test results, and immunizations will be provided to you.