Carilion Clinic's Gynecologic Oncology Research program conducts numerous, progressive research trials through it's affiliations with the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and leaders in the pharmaceutical research industry. This research is targeted to ovarian, cervical, uterine, and vulvar cancers provides specialized options for patients in all cancer stages.
The goal of these Gyn-Oncology trials is to supplement current medical care and to provide patients with new, innovative treatment options such as finding new drugs, or new uses for existing drugs, and exploring new surgical techniques.
Under the mentorship of Southwest Virginia's only board certified Gynecologic Oncology Specialist, Carilion Clinic's gynecology oncology research program offers innovative treatment options to patients with gynecologic malignancies that are not available anywhere else in the valley. The research provides local access to cancer treatment that is cutting edge and provides hope to patients and their families.
CURRENT GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY STUDIES
- VentiRx - GOG 3003
- TRINOVA-3 - GOG 3001
- Advanced Endometrial Cancer Study - GOG-0258
- Advanced Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, and Peritoneal Cancer
- Chemotherapy toxicity in elderly women with ovarian, primary peritoneal or fallopian tube cancer - GOG 273
- Groningen international study on sentinal nodes in vulvar cancer (GROINSS-V) II: An Observational Study - GOG 270
- Newly Diagnosed Uterine or Ovarian Cancer Study
- Outback: GOG 274
- Progression-Free Survival LIvES
- REOLYSIN: GOG 186H