Gynecologic cancers, affecting a woman’s reproductive system, include cancers of the vagina, cervix, uterus, ovaries, vulva, and fallopian tubes. If you suspect that you have a gynecologic cancer or have been diagnosed with one, Carilion Clinic offers innovative treatment options to ensure your best possible chance of recovery, while at all times continuing to maintain focus on your quality of life. We’re proud of our state-of-the-art GYN cancer care, including minimally invasive and robotic procedures performed with the da Vinci® Surgical System.
COMPASSIONATE, INDIVIDUALIZED CARE FROM EXPERTS
Carilion's cancer treatment program, in collaboration with the physicians of Blue Ridge Cancer Care, provides the full range of gynecological cancer treatments, including chemotherapy and radiation, on both an in-patient and out-patient basis.
We emphasize a multidisciplinary approach to care. Every patient benefits from the collaborative expertise of an experienced team of specialists who meet regularly to discuss each patient's care and progress.
Addressing every type and stage of cancer of women's reproductive organs, our inpatient and outpatient services for gynecological cancers include:
- Advanced cancer screening and diagnosis, including non-invasive combined computed tomography and positron emission tomography (PET/CT) scans.
- Genetic counseling for women at high risk.
- A nurse navigator to support you through diagnosis and treatment and serve as your care coordinator.
- Multidisciplinary tumor board review.
- Consultation and surgical assistance for advanced gynecologic surgery.
- Minimally invasive and fertility-sparing procedures, including laparoscopic, laser and robotic surgery, utilizing the da Vinci® Surgical System.
- Clinical trials of new treatments.
- Chemo infusion center/pharmacy.
- In-office chemotherapy.
- Whispering Hope Support Group