CARILION CLINIC: INSPIRING BETTER HEALTH
Carilion Clinic is a not–for–profit health care organization based in Roanoke, Va. Through our comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services, we work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly 1 million Virginians. With an enduring commitment to the health of our region, we also seek to advance care through medical education and research, help our community stay healthy, and inspire our region to grow stronger.
Improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are committed to a common purpose of better patient care, better community health, and lower cost.
Why We Do What We Do
Nancy Howell Agee, President and CEO of Carilion Clinic shares our values.
With headquarters in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic serves approximately 1 million residents in western Virginia
Quick Facts (fiscal year 2015)
- Employed physicians: 685 representing more than 70 specialties
- Practice sites: 240
- Primary care visits: 921,000
- Employees: 12,100
- Licensed beds: 1,026 (does not include 60 Neonatal ICU beds available)
- Admissions: 48,919
- Emergency Department visits: 168,688
- Total revenues: $1.5 billion (net)
Community Benefit (fiscal year 2014, per IRS guidelines)
- Uncompensated Care: $120.8 million (includes $57.7 million in charity care)
- Education: $20.8 million
- Research: $1 million
- Community Outreach: $3.6 million
- Total: $146.2 million