Carilion Clinic provides financial assistance to eligible patients who receive emergency or other medically necessary care from us in any of our hospital facilities and or from our providers. Financial assistance is only available for eligible services billed by Carilion Clinic.
To apply for financial assistance, please the complete the Financial Assistance Application .
Financial assistance may include discounted or free care. Patients eligible for financial assistance will not be billed more than amounts generally billed (AGB) to those with insurance.
Generally, you will be eligible for some form of assistance if your family income is at or below 400 percent of Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG). Information on FPG is available online at aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/index.cfm . We also consider your liquid assets (for example, cash) and real estate when considering your eligibility.
- AGB Discount Chart 
- Financial Assistance Policy 
- Financial Assistance Application (English) 
- Financial Assistance Application (Spanish) 
- Plain Language Summary (English and Spanish) 
- Financial Assistance: Carilion Employed Providers 
- Financial Assistance: External Providers (Non-participating providers)