Courses We Offer
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) 
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS) 
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC)
- Geriatric Emergencies for the EMS Provider (GEMS)
- HeartCode for BLS and ACLS
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) 
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHLTS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
How to Register for a Course
- Carilion employees: Register through Cornerstone OnDemand. Log in and search for the course name (ACLS, BLS, etc.) Carilion employees who previously completed a certification through the Life Support Training Center will be automatically registered for a renewal class in the month the certification is set to expire.
- Non-Carilion employees: Call Carilion Direct at 540-266-6000.
Preparing for Your Course
- Be sure you meet all prerequisites for the course before registering.
- Before class, read the course textbook for the course you are taking. Some courses have additional pre-course requirements.
- On the day of class, arrive on time and bring your course textbook with you. All classes begin promptly at the scheduled time. This is a requirement of the American Heart Association, and students who arrive late will be asked to reschedule.
Obtaining Books and Replacement Cards
All students must have the current appropriate course textbook for their individual use before, during, and after any course. Students should review the textbook before class, bring their book to class and have immediate access to their own copy afterward as a reference and review tool.
- Carilion employees can borrow the book from the Health Sciences Library by completing a book order/payroll deduction form. The book can be checked out for four weeks and must be returned within one week after the course ends.
- Non-employees will receive a book as part of the cost of attending the course.
If you need to purchase a book or a copy of a certification card, you can order one through our HR Pay Online  site:
- For renewal or provider books, select Participant (Student) Manual.
- For instructor courses, select Instructor (Teacher) Manual.
- For replacement cards, select Training Center Services.
Weather-Related Class Cancellations
Call 866-983-4143 to find out if your class has been canceled due to adverse weather or other emergencies.
- Cancellation information is available at least two hours before a class starts.
- Cancellations are not posted on this website. Call the number for information.
- If a class has been canceled, you may be contacted the following day to reschedule.