Kim is a Roanoke native. She has been employed at Carilion Clinic for 21 years. Kim graduated from Jefferson College of Health Sciences (JCHS), magna cum laude, in 1995 with an Associate of Science (AS) in Respiratory Therapy. She worked at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital as a registered respiratory therapist for seven years. Kim went back to JCHS and obtained her AS in Nursing in 2001, again graduating magna cum laude. She worked in Neuro/Trauma ICU for eight years. During this time, she obtained her Critical Care RN certification. Kim pursued her Bachelor of Science degree in 2009 from the University of Virginia. She worked as a inpatient case manager for three years and continued her school career by obtaining her Master of Science (MS) in Nursing from Old Dominion Univeristy, as well as obtaining her certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner. She has worked with the Neurosurgery team since 2013.
- Committee memberships: Safety, Wound Council, Practice Council, Shared Governance and New Equipment
- Poster presentation for Society of Critical Care Medicine, 1998
- Presented at SCCM conference, 1998
- Past clinical instructor for JCHS respiratory therapy program
- Past adjunct faculty at Old Dominion University
- Past faculty clinical coordinator at Old Dominion University