We apply the principles of psychology within the context of other health-related issues that a child may be facing. We evaluate all the factors that may be at play, including depression, anxiety, stress, school troubles and even medical disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn's disease, cancer, asthma or diabetes. We provide consultation services to both medical and subspecialty in gastroenterology, pulmonary, hematology/oncology and cardiology.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – Helping patients understand the thoughts and feelings that influence their behaviors
- Behavior modification – Working with parents and caregivers to develop behavior modification or management strategies
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (this is a specific behavior modification therapy)
- The Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) program is an evidence-based treatment for children ages 2 through 8, with a behavioral problem.
- Psychological evaluations – Evaluation of cognitive functioning, learning difficulties, emotional well-being, and ability to maintain attention
- Treatment plan assistance – Assistance with adherence to medical treatment plans
- Hospital consultation – Pediatric assessment and therapy services while a child is in the hospital