Carilion Clinic Patient Transportation is dedicated to providing an effective culture of safety. The major components to our commitment include:
- Acknowledgment of the high risk nature of the organization's activities
- An environment where individuals are able to report errors or close calls without punishment, blame or repercussion
- An expectation of collaboration across ranks to seek solutions to vulnerabilities
- A willingness on the part of the organization to direct resources to address safety concerns
The Safety Committee consists of our full-time dedicated Safety Officer, a base safety officer at each base, our administrative staff, as well as representatives from our aircraft vendor and Neonatal Pediatric Transport Staff. If you have questions, please contact:
Charlotte Clark, Safety Officer
STAR POINTS SYMPOSIUM
The six points on the EMS "Star of Life" represent a different aspect of the EMS System. These include:
- On-Scene Care
- Transfer to Definitive Care
The staff on the star represents Medicine and Healing. The staff of Carilion Clinic Patient Transportation is dedicated to providing the community with professional care in all aspects of the EMS System. StarPoints is a reflection of our dedication to the community. We hope that EMS and hospital providers will take advantage of this educational opportunity as we strive to follow the StarPoints and take education to new altitudes.
Join us for the 11th Annual StarPoints Symposium, which will present current topics such as infectious disease, terrorism, drug/alcohol abuse, trauma, and more!
Date: Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015
Time: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Holiday Inn Roanoke Valley View, 3315 Ordway Drive, Roanoke, VA 24017
To register, contact: Loretta Hall, education consultant, email@example.com or 540-985-4094.