Occupational Medicine

Common Questions

For Employees

Do I need an appointment?

All of our locations offer walk-in services available for substance abuse testing and injury care or illness. Appointments are necessary for most other services.

What should I bring with me to my pre-employment physical?

Please bring any required paperwork provided by your employer, a photo I.D., and payment if visit is self-pay.

Where can I find a list of your locations and hours?

Visit our Locations to find the address, phone number, and hours of our Occupational Medicine Clinic and five VelocityCare locations.

I need to get my annual FAA physical, what do I need to do before I make an appointment?

Our page on FAA physicals details what to bring and expect on the day of your appointment. insert link to FAA physical page

Do you file workers' compensation for work related injuries?

Yes. Our offices will file your workers' compensation claim according to your employer's instructions.

For Employers

When will flu shots become available?

This varies on when we receive our shipment of vaccine; however we generally begin administering vaccinations in early October.

What should employees or job candidates bring with them to their pre-employment physical?

Please advise the employee to bring any required paperwork, a photo ID, and payment if visit is self-pay.

How do I set up an account or update my company's contact information with Carilion Clinic for occupational health services?

Please complete the following form and one of our representatives will be happy to get in touch with you.

Who do I contact to discuss my account billing charges?

Our professional billing services department will be able to handle your billing questions/concerns at 540-224-5688.

Where can I learn more about testing for federally regulated programs?

Call our Carilion Occupational Medicine Clinic at 540-985-8521 for assistance.

Explore this section