Carilion Clinic Occupational Health offers a wide range of health care services for workplace injuries and illnesses, and provides ways to maintain optimal health.
As part of Carilion Clinic, our patients have access to Carilion’s nearly 800 physicians representing more than 75 specialties, as well as eight VelocityCare urgent care locations offering extended hours. Our Occupational Health team coordinates an extensive list of services and amenities that cater to your specific workplace and wellness needs. For more information, contact a location near you.
- Workers’ compensation services*
- Physical examinations, including:
- Department of Transportation (DOT)*
- Respiratory protection program
- Respirator fit testing
- FAA for all pilot classes
- Workplace safety programs, including:
- DOT-required supervisor training
- OSHA bloodborne pathogens training
- Safety and injury prevention training
- Back injury prevention
- CPR certification
- AED instruction
- First aid training
- Drug and alcohol testing, including:*
- Certified medical review officers
- Drug screen specimens collected per Federal Workplace Drug Testing regulation
- Breath alcohol testing
- Laboratory services align with Department of Health and Human Services National Laboratory Certification Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Technical resource for development of drug testing and drug-free workplace policies and procedures
- Audiometry and vision testing
- TB assessments/PPD skin testing*
- MRO services
- Travel medicine/routine immunizations
- Post-exposure testing
- Pulmonary function testing
- Ergonomic evaluations
- VelocityCare urgent care
- Job evaluation/redesign
- Health and wellness programs
- Fitness for duty evaluations
- Well Said Speakers' Bureau
*Services available at VelocityCare locations.
Injury Management Program
When accidents happen, we help get your employees the care they need. We treat your employees in an efficient, economical and convenient manner, so they can return to work as soon as possible and you can reduce lost time and disability. Our injury management services include:
- Walk-in appointments for work-related illnesses or injuries
- Treatment by clinical professionals with training and expertise in areas such as trauma, industrial medicine, toxicology and hazardous exposures
- Communication of results to employers, reporting on employees’ diagnoses, condition and work status
- Follow-up care from the same medical team or referral to appropriate medical or surgical specialists
- Complete billing services, through which we handle completion of insurance forms and filing of workers’ compensation claim information
On-Site Nursing Program
Through our on-site nursing program, we will work with you to design a program of services that best fit your company’s demographics and requirements. Over time, we can make adjustments to your services based on your changing needs. By providing a variety of services to your employees, our on-site nursing program can help your company:
- Achieve a healthier, safer workforce by screening for early detection of illnesses
- Increase awareness and practice of healthy lifestyle choices to prevent or manage disease
- Educate employees about work-related safety concerns for greater accident prevention
- Treat minor injuries on site to limit trips to the emergency room
Samuel D. Turner, M.D.
Anna Weaver, N.P.
Mary Beth Horst, N.P.
Joni C. Goldwasser, N.P.
Jenny Y. Watson, N.P.