Carilion Clinic offers a secure, convenient online tool to manage your family’s health care anytime, anywhere, at no charge. Sign up for MyChart and find out for yourself: on your desktop or with our mobile app, managing your health has never been easier.
At Carilion, we believe that our partnership with patients leads to better care and better outcomes.
You are now able see your care team’s notes after your visit and have immediate access to most test results. There are also new changes to proxy access for teens ages 12-17.
Ending Support for Internet Explorer with MyChart
Beginning May 9, 2021, you will no longer be able to log in to MyChart using Internet Explorer. You must download a different supported web browser, such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. To speak with a support representative, please call 866-865-3464.
Care Team Notes
These notes have information about your visit to help provide insight into your care. Reading your care team’s notes can help you:
- Remember what was discussed with your doctor
- Feel empowered to make health care decisions
- Partner with your doctor for better care
- Make sure your information is accurate, so your care is safer
- Share your information with a loved one or anyone you choose
Immediate Access to Test Results
You will be able to view results for most laboratory studies, x-rays, and pathology results as soon as they are released. We believe in information transparency and we believe that you deserve to see your information as soon as it is available, if you choose.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to test results:
- You may see some results even before we do. You can choose to view your results immediately or wait to hear from your care team.
- Please give us 2-3 business days to review and let you know our thoughts.
- Our clinicians look at every result.
- Your care team will contact you with any results that concern us.
- We always plan to review critical results with you and decide on a plan together.
- We prefer to do this either in person, by video visit, or phone.
- When possible, we will discuss the possible results with you before you have your test.
Changes to MyChart Access for Patients Ages 12-17
We will allow teens aged 12-17 to have access to their medical records in MyChart, with parental
permission. If you currently have proxy access to a teen's medical record, this access may be updated or changed after Feb. 5. Please talk to your teen's physician during your next visit about re-activating proxy access.
Health care is a partnership, and at Carilion Clinic we will continue to make changes to help you be informed and in more control of your care.