Please Note: Per Institutional Policy, ALL Human subjects research projects (this does not apply to QA/QI projects) must first be submitted and receive approval from R&D BEFORE being submitted to the IRB. IRB submissions that do not include the R&D Approval letter will not be accepted by the IRB. Visit http://insidecarilion.org/hubs/office-sponsored-projects/rd-forms-0 for information on obtaining R&D approval or contact the R&D Department at 540-985-8510.
IRB Application forms are updated one or more times a year to improve the review of research and protection of human subjects. You must use the most current version of forms on this site when you are submitting research for review.
How Do I Submit My New Study to the IRB?
- Complete one of the following:
- Review informed consent requirements guidelines:
- Administrative Review of Consent Form
- Components of Informed Consent
- Use of Legally Authorized Representative
- Determining the Need for Assent
- Informed Consent Videos
- Prepare required study protocol.
- Complete Research Training
- The following documentation, as applicable to the study, should be sent to the IRB as separate attachments in one e-mail:
- Data Collection Form
- Recruitment Letter
- Telephone Script
- Questionnaires / Surveys
- Submission Instructions:
- Investigators should send the submission to the IRB via e-mail.
- For Expedited, Exempt, or QA/QI projects, please send the submission to Janet McDowell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For Full Board research, please send the submission to Meredith Talmadge at email@example.com.
- Signature pages may be faxed to (540) 985-5323 or scanned and e-mailed.
- For further information call (540) 853-0728.