We understand the important role spirituality plays in the healing process and encourage you to speak with your spiritual leader during your hospital stay or talk with one of our hospital chaplains. Our chaplains can help you by:
- Helping you deal with your fears about your medical condition and treatment.
- Praying with you about your illness or surgery.
- Providing you with spiritual resources including devotional literature.
- Listening compassionately and helping you find your own answers to your needs.
- Helping you and your family understand difficult language and issues such as living wills, life supports, organ donations and ethical issues.
- Enabling you to deal with grief and loss.
To see a chaplain, please call the Chaplain’s office at 981-7255 or extension 77255 (internal) Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. You can also ask your nurse or physician to contact the on–call chaplain after hours and on weekends.
Please let a chaplain or your nurse know if you have any religious, spiritual or cultural beliefs or preferences which may affect your stay with us or your care (for example, dietary restrictions). There is a hospital chapel located on the second floor of the South Pavilion.