Carilion Clinic Children’s Hospital has a Family Resource Center designed to help parents find information about their child’s condition and health care needs, as well as resources available locally. Our goal is to enhance parents’ knowledge and advocacy skills so they can effectively identify, access and manage the services their children need.
The Family Resource Center is located on the 11th floor of the South Tower at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. For more information, call the Family Resource Center at 540-981-0344.
We provide information on a variety of health conditions and diseases, as well as topics such as parenting, child development, safety, coping with the loss of a loved one, sibling issues and more. In addition, we provide referrals to community resources.
The Family Resource Center also supports the needs of parents while their children are hospitalized. Family members use our computers, printer/copier/fax machine and telephone to check their e-mail, communicate with family and friends, and keep up with job responsibilities.
Our education services are free and available to all members of the community. The Family Resource Center is a collaborative project with the Virginia Department of Health, Care Connection for Children.
- Access to computers, Internet and printer
- List of websites relating to children’s health, treatments and news
- Directory of community services available to children with special health needs
- Library of books, pamphlets and audio–visual resources on children’s health topics, child development, parenting and much more
- Staff assistance available upon request
- Material check–out for parents of inpatients
Care Connection for Children
Birth to age 21
Early Intervention — Infant & Toddler Connection
Birth through age 2