Carilion Clinic Hospice supports every person in fulfilling the final steps in life. We strive to recognize each person's unique needs and tailor our services accordingly. Our services are available to the entire family throughout the bereavement period.
- Supportive, palliative care by an interdisciplinary team
- Scheduled visits and 24-hour on-call nursing support
- Expert symptom control emphasizing pain management
- Help in maintaining as much control over the circumstances of the illness as possible
- Guidance for families on how to care for loved ones at home
- A supportive alternative environment when home care is not possible
- Emotional and spiritual care as desired
- Community-wide education and consultation programs for patients, families and healthcare providers
- Bereavement support for families for at least one year following loss of the patient
- If you do not already have an Advance Directive on file, you can complete the Virginia Advance Directive for Health Care form on the Virginia State Bar website, which also offers detailed information about Virginia Advance Directives, including frequently asked questions and information about Healthcare Decisions Day.