Video: Soufian AlMahameed, M.D. talks about electrophysiology procedures and what is offered at Carilion Clinic.
Carilion Clinic's Center for Atrial Fibrillation provides initial evaluation and management of patients with atrial fibrillation. Our team works in connection with several other specialty care areas, including:
Antiarrhythmic Drug Clinic: provides experts supervision, follow-up care and screening for drug side effects in addition to initiation and titration of anti-arrhythmic drug therapy.
Cardiac Device Clinic: provides experts management and follow-up care for patients with atrial fibrillation who have a cardiac pacemaker or cardiac defibrillator.
Anticoagulation Clinic: provides education, supervision, follow-up care and screening for drug side effects in addition to initiation and titration of anticoagulation drugs.
Electrophysiology Laboratory: equipped with cutting-edge technology including biplane fluoroscopy lab, CARTO-3, and Velocity mapping systems and CryoConsole. Our electrophysiologists and cardiac surgeons provide curative catheter ablation for:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Post-surgical arrhythmias
- Surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation in setting of valve or bypass surgery
- Stand-alone minimally invasive surgical ablation of Atrial fibrillation
- Combined staged surgical and catheter ablation of A fibrillation
- Management of:
- Permanent pacing with AV junction ablation for rate control
- Evaluation and treatment of atrial fibrillation-associated sleep disorders
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with high heart rates refractory to medical therapy
For more information, please call the Carilion Clinic Center for Atrial Fibrillation at 540-982-8204.