Advocating for Residents at Carilion Clinic - Virginia Tech Carilion
The Carilion Clinic House Staff Association (HSA) represents the interests and concerns of residents and fellows at Carilion Clinic. The HSA advocates for house staff, supports continued education and promotes and maintains high medical and ethical standards.
The mission of the House Staff Association is to:
- Represent the interest and concerns of the residents and fellows holding active appointment at Carilion Clinic.
- Advocate for the house staff employed by the Carilion Clinic and address specific concerns that shall be presented by each divisional representative.
- Support continued education.
- Promote and maintain high medical and ethical standards in the practice of medicine, scientific research and allied professional fields.
House Staff representation and advocacy is accomplished through regular meetings of the HSA, regular and open communication with resident leaders in all clinical departments, and through interactions with clinical faculty and hospital administration.
- House Staff Association Constitution and Bylaws (PDF)
- Anonymously report a duty hour violation (Carilion intranet)
- Bryant Self, D.O., President, Internal Medicine Residency
- Julie Oda, M.D., Vice-President, Internal Medicine Residency
- Rikin Kadakia, M.D., Treasurer, Internal Medicine Residency
- Hannah Hartnett, M.D., Secretary, Internal Medicine Residency