The Interventional Center for Advanced Endoscopy at Carilion Clinic manages a diverse group of referral patients with complex gastrointestinal conditions. Currently it serves as the largest referral practice for endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) in western Virginia with nearly 1,000 ERCPs performed annually.
THE CENTER OFFERS A VARIETY OF ADVANCED THERAPEUTIC ENDOSCOPIC SERVICES
Diagnostic and Therapeutic ERCP, including:
- Management of benign and malignant biliary strictures
- Comprehensive management of chronic and recurrent pancreatitis with pancreatic sphincterotomy, stricture dilation and stent placement utilizing conventional retrograde approaches or complex antegrade EUS pancreatico-gastrostomy creation.
- Roux-Y patients requiring single balloon ERCP
- Photodynamic therapy for bile duct cancer
Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Diagnosis of pancreatico-biliary malignancy
- Staging of esophageal, gastric and rectal cancer
- Drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts as well as endosopicnecrosectomy for necrotizing pancreatitis
- Hepato-gastrostomy creation for Antegrade Cholangiography
- Gastro-pancreaticostomy creation for AntegradePancreaticograph
- Celiac plexus block and neurolysis
Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy in other Gastroenterologic Diseases
- Esophageal, duodenal and colonic stent placement
- Feeding tube placement (PEG-J)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection as well as endoscopic submucosal dissection
- Single balloon enteroscopy
Outpatient consultations are primarily seen at the Carilion Clinic Riverside campus in Roanoke Va., with procedures carried out at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital - equipped with a state of the art four-room endoscopy unit, including a dedicated fluoroscopy unit.