Upon completion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and become familiar with the care and treatment of hemorrhagic stroke. Review and improve knowledge of medications used, neurologic assessments and other invasive treatments.
- Recognize the value of various stroke treatment options and rehabilitation techniques in the acute care and post-acute care settings.
- Gain insight and recognize issues faced by stroke survivors and actions that may improve care.
- Recognize the management of urinary incontinence and retention in the stroke patient.
- Discuss and comprehend the new 2013 Stroke Treatment Guidelines as published by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
- Report and become familiar with the Virginia State Stroke Task Force and their role in stroke care.
- Recognize the epidemiology of stroke.
- Review the new evidence based neurological swallow screening tool.
For more information, download the brochure.