As spring and summer arrive, many people increase their outdoor activity especially involvement with moving water. Join us to learn about water hazards and how to enjoy the great outdoors while staying safe.
Kayaks, canoes, and SUPs are not provided and attendees are encouraged NOT to bring their own. The Paddle Sports Safety class focuses on personal safety after entering moving water without a watercraft.
You will learn to:
• Prepare for a river trip.
• Manage personal safety and personal protective equipment.
• Manage basic self-rescue techniques.
• Identify and respond to moving water hazards such as strainers, sieves, and hydrolytics.
Who should attend?
• Everyone who kayaks, canoes, or SUPs.
• Everyone who is interested in spending time on rivers or creeks.
• Everyone who enjoys going on commercial rafting trips.
• Closed toed shoes must be worn.
• Wear clothes that can get wet in the river.
Additional dates for this class:
Register by clicking here or call Carilion Clinic Direct at (540) 266-6000 or Toll-Free at (800) 422-8482.