Millions of Americans are living with chronic health conditions. The Living Well workshop was created and developed by Stanford University and is currently used around the world. It helps patients with chronic health conditions take an active and effective approach to improving their symptoms and overall physical health.
Chronic conditions also affect more than just our physical health. Relationships with family, friends, and co-workers can be impacted. Through our self management program, people living with chronic illness can take steps to improve their emotional well-being and overall quality of life.
Some topics addressed in the workshop include:
- Ways to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation
- Appropriate physical activity to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Developing action plans
- Healthy eating
- How to evaluate new treatments
- Communicating effectively with family, friends and health professionals.
- Improving sleep
- 6-week workshop
- Two and a half hours each week
- Workshop led by certified facilitators who have personal experience in coping with chronic illness
We encourage spouses or another family member to participate with you.