Primary care physicians. N.P.s, P.A.s, nurses and other healthcare professionals are encouraged to attend.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. with the conference beginning promptly at 8 a.m. The conference will end at 2 p.m.
· Discuss the spectrum of atrial arrhythmias and stroke risks
· Review techniques for detecting occult tachyarrhythmias
· Discuss treatment options for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation
· Discuss updates in advanced laproscopic general surgery and vascular surgery for the PCP
· Define sleep apnea and when to refer a patient for treatment
· Review symptoms of cervical and lumbar spine disease
· Review PCI and innovative cardiovascular technology for the PCP
· Review the latest updates in management of hepatitis C
· David Sane, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Shen-Li Tan, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Richard Happel, M.D., Holston Road Cardiology
· Jason Foerst, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Michael Mauro, D.O., Carilion Clinic
· Wei Wei, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Ashish Raju, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Charles Bissell, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Kimberly Goad, D.N.P., Carilion Clinic
· Harish Grover, M.D., Carilion Clinic
· Anand Kishore, M.D., Carilion Clinic
Faculty/Affiliation: Richard Happel, M.D., is in private practice at Holston Road Cardiology. All other speakers are employed by Carilion Clinic.
Register through Carilion Direct at 540-266-6000 or 800-422-8482. Tuition is FREE for individuals who register by Friday, April 3, 2015. Participants are responsible for their own travel and overnight accommodations.
The registration/cancellation deadline for all participants is Friday, April 3, 2015.
Free parking on site.
AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Medical Society of Virginia through the joint providership of Carilion Clinic’s CME Program and Carilion New River Valley Medical Center. Carilion Clinic’s CME Program is accredited by The Medical Society of Virginia to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Carilion Clinic’s CME Program designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This conference made possible by the collaboration of physicians and providers from Roanoke, the New River Valley and western Virginia.
Loretta F. Hall, M.Ed., conference planner
Human Resources Training and Development