Tune into WYTI AM radio as a Carilion Clinic Health Educator provides a new health topic discussion each time
Tune into WYTI AM radio as a Carilion Clinic Health Educator provides a new health topic discussion each time.
Come and join our Carilion Health Educator for a Chair Wellness class, a novice weight strengthening class for people who are new to strength training, or have physical limitations.
Come enjoy the sights of Rocky Mount during this 5k. This event is meeting at the Rocky Mount Farmers Market on Franklin Street at 8:00 am.
Please contact Franklin County Parks and Recreation for additional information at 540-483-9293.
This takes place at Booker T. Washington National Park, meets the second Saturday of each month from April thru November at 10:00 am. For more information contact Carilion Health Educator, Gail Nordhaus at 540-484-8569.
Learn More About Stroke
FREE SCREENING EVENT
You could be at risk for stroke if you are 50 or older and have one or more of the following risk factors: high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, a family history of any of these factors, or you are a smoker. Call for a complete list of risk factors. Light refreshments provided.
Screenings include: • Lipid 2 cholesterol* • Carotid ultrasound • Blood pressure • Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) *
A 12-hour fast is required.
Continue to take medications as directed and drink water as desired
Saturday, April 11
8 a.m. - noon
Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital, Medical Office Building entrance, 390 S. Main St., Rocky Mount Cost: Free / registration is required / no walk-ins. Certain criteria must be met to participate. Call 800-422-8482.
More than 1 million Americans suffer from Parkinson’s disease and 2.5 million worldwide are dealing with degrees of multiple sclerosis. Both diseases affect how the nervous system communicates with the brain and muscles, but the symptoms differ.
Join us for a presentation on symptoms, risks, and treatment of these degenerative, neurological conditions.
Chronic poor sleep can leave you feeling run down, depressed, exhausted, and hopeless. Individualized coaching can guide you through steps of relaxation to improve the duration and quality of your sleep. Learn practical techniques, for adults and adolescents, to help reduce pain and stress; and improve your mood and physical health.
To register, call Carilion Direct at 540-266-6000 or 800-422-8482.
Looking for help to navigate the health insurance marketplace?
Do you need direction on how to apply for coverage? Worried about your health?
Let us help you. Resources from around our area will be on hand at this event to assist you. And here’s a checklist for the information you will need for applying in HealthCare.gov.
All questions are welcome. We will help you find the answers.
Before you apply, be sure to gather all of the following information:
- Home or mailing addresses for everyone applying for coverage.
- Social Security Numbers or document numbers for legal immigrants.
- Employer and income information for every member of your household (for example, from pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements).
- Your best estimate of what your household income will be in 2015.
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance plans for anyone in your household.
- A completed “Employer Coverage Tool*” for every job-based plan you or someone in your household is eligible for. (You’ll need to fill out this form even for coverage you’re eligible for but don’t enroll in.)
- Notices from your current insurance plan that include your plan ID, if you have or had health coverage in 2014.
This is a workshop with tips on how to control your weight without dieting.