Carilion Clinic provides comprehensive ACLS classes, which are scheduled periodically throughout the year.
For information on the class schedule, class attendance process and costs, or to register for a class, please call the Life Support Institute at 540-224-6718 or 888-981-7305.
ACLS Students - Precourse Information
- Please review both the ACLS rhythm review and the ACLS algorithms before coming to class.
- ACLS study books are available for purchase through Carilion Direct at 540-266-6000 or 800-422-8482. A book is included in the course price.
- The ACLS book contains useful study materials.
- Once you register for the class, you will be instructed to complete the pretest online through the American Heart Association.
- You must score at least 80 percent or better on the pretest to take the class. This ensures that you are prepared and can demonstrate your knowledge of these important life saving skills.
- Once you have completed your assessment, there will be an auto-generated answer sheet that will need to be printed and brought with you to class for admittance.
- If you are taking a renewal class, please bring your current AHA ACLS card with you to class.
Prerequisites for ACLS
Prerequisites for the ACLS course are that participants have a current BLS card. Completion of a cardiac monitoring course will greatly enhance your ability to successfully complete ACLS.
Class Day Details
All ACLS classes start promptly on time, per American Heart Association guidelines. Students who arrive late will be asked to reschedule.