CARILION CLINIC SPONSORED GROUPS FOR MANAGING A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE WITH DIABETES
The purpose of diabetes support groups is to bring people with diabetes and their family members together in an atmosphere that supports coping with the day-to-day struggle of living with diabetes.
People with diabetes and their families will:
- Learn from the experiences of others and share their own.
- Get tips from the dietitian/nurse educators regarding diet, blood sugar testing, diabetes medications, complications of diabetes and more.
- Learn new information from doctors or other health professionals who lecture on specific topics.
- Have buddies they can call anytime for support.
Carilion Diabetes Management Program offers the following support groups:
ROANOKE SUPPORT GROUP
Carilion Diabetes Management offices
1030 S. Jefferson Street, Suite G101
- Weather Policy: In case of inclement weather, please call our office at 540-224-4360 for instructions.
- Cost: Free
- Frequency of meetings: Monthly
- Meeting time: Fourth Tuesday of the month; 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. (Times may change according to activity planned)
OTHER SUPPORT GROUPS
- Insulin Pump Club
- National Diabetic Pharmacy