Cleft and craniofacial anomalies are among the most common congenital defect conditions in the United States. Children with clefts may have multiple problems that require different specialists during the course of treatment. Carilion Clinic’s Cleft and Craniofacial Center team is dedicated to treating children with conditions that range from minor to the most complex.
Our multidisciplinary team works together to carefully coordinate the procedures for each child to maximize the desired outcome and limit the number of operations needed. Once your child’s condition is diagnosed, our team will develop an individualized plan based on the ideal time to do each repair and your child’s growth and development. This team approach not only provides optimal care for your child, but it also addresses family, social, emotional, psychological and educational needs.
- Cleft lip and palate
- Craniosynostosis (birth defects in infant’s head)
- Ear deformities (microtia and prominent ears)
- Facial deformities (congenital and after trauma)
- Malocclusion of the teeth (poor alignment)
- Nasal deformities (congenital and after trauma)
- Skin lesions/congenital nevus
- Vascular malformations/hemangioma