CURRENT GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY STUDIES
- Previously Untreated Stage III or IV High-Grade serous Epthithelial Ovarian, Fallopian Tube, or Primary peritoneal cancer
- High Risk Patients with early stage cervical cancer
- Monotherapy Treatment of Advanced Relapsed Epithelial Ovarian, Primary Peritoneal, or Fallopian Tube Cancer
- Diet and Exercise Effect on GYN Cancers - GOG 225
- Vulvar Cancer Sentinal Node Study - GOG 270
- Cervical Cancer Studt\y - GOG 274
- High Risk Uterine Cancer Study - GOG 277
Carilion Clinic's Gynecologic Oncology Research program conducts numerous, progressive research trials through it's affiliations with the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG), the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and leaders in the pharmaceutical research industry. This research is targeted to ovarian, cervical, uterine, and vulvar cancers provides specialized options for patients in all cancer stages.
The goal of these Gyn-Oncology trials is to supplement current medical care and to provide patients with new, innovative treatment options such as finding new drugs, or new uses for existing drugs, and exploring new surgical techniques.
Under the mentorship of Southwest Virginia's only board certified Gynecologic Oncology Specialist, Carilion Clinic's gynecology oncology research program offers innovative treatment options to patients with gynecologic malignancies that are not available anywhere else in the valley. The research provides local access to cancer treatment that is cutting edge and provides hope to patients and their families.