When you suffer from a pelvic or bladder condition, you want to resolve it, regain your health and return to your normal lifestyle as soon as possible.
Carilion Clinic’s Urogynecology Department can help you achieve these goals. Our urogynecologists, fellowship trained in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, have expertise in treating numerous pelvic and bladder conditions, including:
- Urinary incontinence
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse (uterine prolapse, cystocele, rectocele)
- Overactive bladder
- Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome
- Vaginal fistulas
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
We offer a variety of therapies, ranging from conservative to surgical, such as:
- Minimally invasive surgery (vaginal, laparoscopic and robotic, using the da Vinci Surgical System.
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Urinary slings with synthetic and biologic materials.
- Urethral bulking agents
- Cystoscopy, a test that permits your physician to look into your bladder for abnormalities
- Urodynamics, test to help your doctor see how well your bladder and sphincter muscles work.
- InterStim®, a sacral nerve stimulator implant.
- Advanced pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation (including biofeedback, electrical stimulation
- Physical rehabilitation and therapy for women, helpful for musculoskeletal pain during and after pregnancy, bowel or bladder dysfunction, osteoporosis-related issues or for pelvic floor pain.
The urogynecology team at Carilion Clinic provides an interdisciplinary approach and is led by experts in the field.
Jonathan I. Gleason M.D.
Carilion Clinic Urogynecology