If you want to start a family but are having difficulty getting pregnant, we offer a wide range of infertility treatment options along with warm, supportive expertise to help determine which is best for you.
At our Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology Clinic, we diagnose and treat many infertility issues through the use of hormones that control the reproductive system (reproductive endocrinology). We also perform robotic surgery – minimally invasive surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System -- to remove fibroids and ovarian cysts or reverse tubal ligation that may be interfering with your ability to become pregnant.
The Infertility and Reproductive Endocrinology Clinic offers services for the following conditions:
- Exams and tests for infertility
- Infertility treatment
- Hormonal management
- Menstrual disorders
- Menopause and perimenopause
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Uterine fibroids
We perform the following surgeries and procedures:
- Robotic surgery utilizing the da Vinci ® surgical platform.
- Laser laparoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure in which the surgeon inserts a lighted instrument called a laparoscope through a small incision.
- Removal of uterine fibroids, benign growths that can interfere with your ability to become pregnant.
- Correction of uterine abnormalities.
- Tubal reversal, for women who wish to reverse a sterilization procedure done at an earlier time.
- Intrauterine insemination, a quick, painless and minimally invasive procedure in which sperm is placed in the uterus when a woman is ovulating.
- Donor insemination, insemination from someone other than your partner or husband.
- In vitro fertilization (in coordination with IVF centers), where your egg and donated sperm (from your partner or a donor) are combined in a lab and implanted as an embryo into your uterus.
Learn about Carilion Clinic's maternity services.
Our Infertility Physician
Carilion Clinic has the only full-time infertility physician and clinic in the region, offering evaluations, consultations and treatments. Dr. Robert Slackman is a reproductive endocrinology and infertility medicine specialist, board certified in obstetrics and gynecology. Dr. Slackman is supported by a registered nurse and office staff.
Robert L. Slackman M.D.
Carilion Clinic Infertility