Finding the right OB/GYN is one of the most significant decisions you will make in your life. At Carilion Clinic, our board-certified physicians and registered nurse practitioners deliver expert care in a warm and sensitive environment, carefully tailoring testing and treatment to meet your individual needs as you make your way through life’s stages. Our OB/GYNs also refer you to the appropriate specialists – here in western Virginia -- if and when you need them. Annual PAP smears are available to all women, regardless of their ability to pay, through the Every Woman’s Life community program.
Carilion Clinic’s OB/GYN services include:
- Annual exams and preventive screenings - Pap smears and clinical and pelvic exams, with follow-ups of abnormal results.
- Contraception planning, including discussion of birth control options, IUD insertions and sterilization procedures.
- Complete prenatal and maternity care, with delivery services for both low-risk and high-risk pregnancies.
- Infertility assessment.
- Management of menopausal and perimenopausal issues.
- Evaluation and treatment of pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding (including endometrial ablations) and uterine fibroids.
- Colposcopy (a follow-up for abnormal Pap smears) and LEEP procedures (to diagnose and treat cervical abnormalities).
- Gynecologic surgery, including minimally invasive laparoscopy and robotic procedures.
- Adolescent gynecology.
- HPV vaccinations.