After an accident or illness, some patients need intensive therapy before they can leave the hospital.
We offer speech and language, physical, and occupational therapy, as well as nursing services, provided by a team of dedicated professionals who share a common goal: to return patients as soon as possible to their home or home-like setting. And we are proud that our comprehensive approach helps over 80 percent of our patients achieve this goal.
Our entire team—from dieticians and social workers, therapists and aides, to nurses and specialized physicians—will use every tool available to help our patients on their road to recovery.
This includes neuropsychology, pet therapy and recreational therapy among others. We will do what it takes, together, to help our patients recover or adapt to new ways of functioning.
Inpatient rehabilitation may be available to patients who:
- Require 24-hour medical supervision but are medically stable.
- Are able to tolerate three to four hours of therapy per day.
- Require moderate to maximum assistance with mobility, speech, language or activities of daily living.
- Require an interdisciplinary approach of at least two services, including physical, occupational or speech therapy.
- Have potential to improve function and can demonstrate new learning.
- Have the participation and support of family upon discharge.
Our inpatient rehabilitation facility is located at Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital. All rooms are private and offer beautiful views of the Roanoke Valley, Mill Mountain or downtown Roanoke. Physician coverage is available around the clock, and our nursing staff has received specialized training in rehabilitation.
For more information or to arrange a tour, call (540) 985-8550.