The Quality Awards are designed to highlight how you and your coworkers are identifying and implementing ways to improve the care and services provided.
About the Quality Awards
• The Pioneer Award recognizes individual or small group projects with a narrow scope that used a standard methodology to improve a process.
• The Enterprise Award recognizes cross-disciplinary team projects that had a large scope and used a standard methodology to improve a process.
• The Hold-the-Gains Award recognizes projects that have maintained previous improvement efforts of previous Quality Award submissions.
• The MVP Award recognizes the best overall project.
Levels of Achievement
• A Level I: Quality Interest project demonstrates recognition of an opportunity for improvement and reflects an allocation of time and resources toward developing a solution.
• A Level II: Quality Initiative project demonstrates the use of data to drive the improvement effort and reflects an allocation of time and resources into developing a solution. The project uses a structured improvement methodology to some degree.
• A Level III: Quality Improvement project demonstrates improvement beyond the baseline level, achieved via the commitment of resources and the utilization of a structured improvement methodology.
• A Level IV: Quality Implementation project demonstrates implementation and improvement well beyond the baseline level and at/near target. The project shows a strong likelihood of continued success due to having a mechanism in place for continuous monitoring of the new process or problem solution.
• A Level V: Quality Impact project demonstrates all of the above criteria and has significant measurable improvement impacting more than one department or facility at Carilion Clinic.
Facilities and Service Lines Represented in this Year’s Quality Awards
• Carilion Clinic Children’s Hospital
• Carilion Clinic Design Group
• Carilion Clinic Human Resources
• Carilion Clinic Neurosurgery
• Carilion Clinic OB/GYN
• Carilion Medical Center
• Jefferson College of Health Sciences
• Technology Services Group