Provider Excellence Awards
Recognizes providers who have exemplified excellence to patients, families,
staff and other providers.
• Physicians, podiatrists, dentists or oral surgeons
• Advance clinical practitioners
• Residents or fellows
• Demonstrate excellent patient safety and good citizenship on the medical staff.
• Exemplify clinical quality by delivering safe and appropriate care with good
• Demonstrate professionalism, collegiality and active participation in leadership
on the medical staff.
• Display qualities of integrity, honesty, sound character and are respectful to staff
• Are ones who we would have care for us and our family members.
Provider Excellence Award for Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Elizabeth Hall, P.A., Inpatient Cardiology, CMC
Elizabeth was recognized for her compassion, knowledge, approachability and gentle, warm, caring nature.
Provider Excellence Award for Residents and Fellows
Kevin Loughry, M.D., Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, VTC
Kevin is described as the kind of physician each of us would like to have.
Provider Excellence Award for Physicians, Podiatrists, Dentists or Oral Surgeons
Michael McMahon, M.D., Hospitalist at Carilion Giles Community Hospital
Dr. McMahon’s colleagues highlight him as one who “embodies every aspect of a model physician, coworker, leader, mentor and friend.”