At Carilion Clinic, we’d rather keep our patients healthy and out of the hospital. However, if they are admitted, we want them to feel confident about their safety.
Thus, patient safety is a factor of quality that we take very seriously. To that end, numerous initiatives and protocols have been developed and adapted at Carilion facilities that are directly tied to quality of care for patients.
These directives include:
- Medication safety
- Hand-washing protocols compliance
- Time outs
- Rapid Response
- Blood stream infectious data
- Epic Alerts
- Fall Reduction program
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia
- Code Lindbergh (Lockdown protocol in case of a stolen newborn)
- Infectious Disease Surveillance