If you have been told that you might have a tumor in your lung, we understand how hard it is to wait for the tests you need. Carilion typically sees all patients within one week of referral. We will schedule your procedures as quickly as possible, so you won’t have to wait unnecessarily for answers or treatment.
We work alongside other specialists, including oncologists, surgeons, and therapists, to provide you with coordinated and comprehensive medical care. Carilion Clinic provides access to advanced techniques for both diagnosis and treatment, so you won’t need to travel outside western Virginia to receive the high quality care you need.
If you have any imaging studies (such as X-rays or CT scans) or results from previous tests, including biopsies, surgical reports, or lung function tests, please bring them with you when you come to see us. Services include:
- Flexible and Rigid Bronchoscopy including the use of lasers and cryotherapy probes, airway stents, etc.
- Evaluation and management of hemoptysis
- Evaluation and management of airway obstructive lesions, both benign (such as non-tumorous tracheal stenosis) and malignant.
- Diagnosis of mediastinal masses
- Diagnosis of lung masses/nodules